Here are some pictures from John White’s birthday bash at Charlie Wright’s International Bar and Jazz Emporium. These are just tasters of some really cool happenings at the show:
1) John White introducing the events to come:
2) John Tilbury announcing his set of two sonatas by John White, whilst wearing the most amazing sequinned waistcoat:
3) Michael Parsons playing a piece about what Erik Satie would sound like if he had taken lessons with Arnold Schoenberg instead of Vincent d’Indy.
4) Chris Hobbs, introducing his two pieces:
5) Gavin Bryars introducing his piece:
That’s just a taster. We shall come back with more on this event. It was a wonderful time. Good music, great fun.